Our Origin

The Holy Child School in Sonipat was opened in 1964 by the Society of the Sisters of Charity of Saints Bartolomea Capitanio and Vincenza Gerosa, also known as Sisters of ‘Maria Bambina’ (Holy Child Mary). Hence the Institution bears this name.

The Sisters of Charity came from Italy to India in 1860 and since then they are working in many parts of the country, in Orphanages, Hospitals, Homes for the Aged, Schools, Colleges and other Charitable Institutions.

The Institutions are owned by the society, a body registered under the societies Registration Act, 1860, having its head office in Kolkata. The School is established principally for the benefit of Catholics and in addition for others without distinction of caste or creed.